Application Developer | Manchester
Salary Range: £30,000pa – £40,000pa depending on skills & experience
Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
Purpose of Department
Design and Development is responsible for taking the needs of the business and its customers and translating that into the design, development, and testing of new solutions. This whilst also enhancing or consolidating current solutions.
You will be responsible for the development of both brownfield and greenfield applications. We will need your knowledge and mentoring skills to guide the team along our product roadmap, enusirng good code is ritual.
- Share information effectively with other technical staff and project teams
- Understand and analyze requirements, seeking clarification as necessary
- Communication problems appropriatley and in a timely mannger
- Idenfiy and consult subject matter experts as required
- Create clear documentation, guides and commented code
- Carry out application development, according to specification, and in line with development/coding standards
- Carry out software maintence in response to testing feedback and bug reports
- Efficiently manage your workload and accuratley record your time using the company timesheet system
- To freely share software development knowledfe, insight, best practice and ideas
- Work appropriately, according to defined processes and procedures
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvmenet in applications development
- Set appropriate deadlines, and strive to achieve them
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Visual Studio, C#.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core experience
- WebAPI, MicroServices experience
- Angular, Backbone, jQuery experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL and data access
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles
- Experience in requirement capture and documentation
- Sorce control experience in DVCS such as FIT and Mercurial
- Professional and positive
- Successful customer-facing practices
- Diligent, with great attention to detail
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Excellent collaborator
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, able to work on own initiative
- Assertive, adaptable and creative
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile
Is this you?
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our team of people. Can you bring an intelligent, informed approach to what is a complex and pressurised business? Do you have a can-do attitude and be fully-flexible to meet our clients’ needs?
How to apply
To register your interest and apply please click here
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.