Audit Manager | Manchester
ASE Driving Profitability – Audit Manager
Who we are
Operating in 50 international markets, with over 300 employees worldwide and a physical presence in 34 countries, ASE are a successful and growing organisation, specialising in the automotive industry, with a variety of recognisable national and international clients.
Working exclusively in the automotive industry for nearly 40 years, ASE offer bespoke reporting software and dedicated audit teams. They are a trusted partner in the drive for greater profitability, compliance and dealership success on a local and global scale. They recruit exceptional individuals and pride themselves on a team of people who bring an intelligent, informed approach to what is a complex and pressurised business.
You’ll have a flexible approach to working hours, a clean driving license, and you will be able to travel regularly when conducting an audit or project away from the office.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Audit Director or Audit Partner (depending on assignment)
Manage a portfolio of your own audit clients:
- Attend pre-year-end meetings
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of the audit field work
- Deliver quality accounts to the client within their timescale
- Resolve issues and potential adjustments prior to Partner involvement where possible
- WIP / Debtor control of own clients
- Deliver assignments to planned fee levels / recover overruns
- Liaise with the Tax Department to ensure timely delivery to the client
Take the lead in more complex audit assignments:
- Lead audit assignments for the first three months in the role
- Take a supervisory role to aid and assist the Audit Team closely on some of the more complex assignments, particularly those on which there is an established relationship and knowledge.
Complete ad-hoc project work:
- Carry out or lead a team to perform a wide variety of motor trade assurance assignments
- Manage the client interaction, planning, resource allocation, presentation of findings, completion of report and invoicing to ensure a smooth delivery to the client
- Set objectives and appraise Associates to ensure alignment to the business core values
- Take the lead in ensuring Associates are kept busy and chargeable whilst in the office
- Assist with technical compliance and ongoing quality control of the audit process
- Act as appointed Councillor for ACCA and ICAEW students
Develop the Business:
- Be fully aware of the full range of Personal and Corporate Tax / Audit & Assurance / Profit Optimisation / Dealership Assistance Services that ASE offer
- Identify and sell opportunities for additional Audit & Assurance services that can be delivered to the client
- Identify potential leads for cross-selling other ASE services and introduce to the relevant individual
- Develop a network of contact both inside and outside the firm
- Assist with the development of efficiency improvements to the audit process
- Assist with the idea creation / product development of market-leading Audit & Assurance strategies and methodologies
- Be involved in Practice Management
- Work closely with other departments to deliver unbeatable products to manufacturer groups
What you’ll need to apply
- Professional accounting qualification and / or Bachelor degree or Master’s degree
- Five years of external audit experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least five
- Solid commercial skills and an interest in networking and business development
- A willingness to travel nationally when required
- You to have a full driving license and a willingness to travel nationally and internationally as engagements dictate
The benefits of working at ASE
ASE provides on-going industry training, fantastic working benefits and generous salaries. Continuous professional development is actively encouraged! To support your personal success, ASE will celebrate your achievements and give clear career progression.
They will offer you:
- A fully expensed company car
- Continuous Professional Development
- A clear career progression structure
- Generous holidays and the option to purchase extra days
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Secondment opportunities, both in the UK and across our international network
- ASE Advantage shopping discount scheme
- Bike scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company bonus scheme
Is this you?
If you think you’ll enjoy working with some of the most experienced and talented professionals in this sector who bring an intelligent, informed approach to the business, then apply today!
To register your interest in this position please submit your details below.
Alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.