Audit Supervisor | Manchester
ASE Driving Profitability – Audit Supervisor Role
We now are recruiting for Audit Supervisors to join our dedicated team of professionals. ASE offer a competitive package, attractive benefits including a company car and a dedicated training academy for all employees.
In this role you will be providing all ranges of assurance services to small-mid sized businesses, and is not just audit and accounting but a chance to develop in to an industry expert.
The audit Supervisor role has supervisory responsibilities and will manage their own portfolio of clients.
Role reports to Audit Director
What you’ll do
A large element of your work will be carried out on-site at ASE client offices across the country so you’ll work as part of a small team, travelling and working together to complete the audit requirement. You’ll need to be prepared to spend weekdays away from home, Monday to Friday.
But it’s not just audit and accounting! As a Business Advisory Supervisor, you will lead a team to provide all ranges of assurance services to small to mid-sized businesses.
In summary you will:
- Review / Prepare accounts and financial statements
- Assist in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Audit companies principally in the automotive sector
- Form part of the delivery team to perform a wide variety of assignments, including:
- corporate finance
- business reviews
- internal control reviews and;
- special projects for manufacturers
- Design and implement audit plans
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframes
- Manage a team while on assignment
- Work with the Manager and Partner team on delivery of client engagements, consistently and to a high standard
- Be responsible for the development and mentoring of trainees and staff
- Represent the firm at networking events and identify opportunities to grow the business
What you will need to apply
- ACA/ CA / ACCA qualification
- Strong technical knowledge and investigative skills (predominantly FRS102/UK GAAP)
- Experience of leading a team on audit engagements
- Excellent commercial skills and an interest in networking and business development
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A willingness to travel nationally
You’ll have a keen eye for detail and lots of common sense as well as a customer facing approach and a proven academic record. You’ll be a highly motivated individual who will relish the opportunity to provide consultative advice and profit solutions.
- Work closely with other departments to deliver unbeatable products to manufacturer groups.
- Assist with the development of efficiency improvements to the audit process.
- Assist with the idea creation / product development of market leading audit and assurance strategies and methodologies.
The benefits of working at ASE
ASE provides on-going industry training, fantastic working benefits and generous salaries. Continuous professional development is actively encouraged! To support your personal success, ASE will celebrate your achievements and give clear career progression. They will offer you:
- A company car
- The ASE Academy – individually tailored in-house training
- A clear career progression structure
- Interesting secondment opportunities into other business areas to encourage overall knowledge
- A fully supported professional training package and study leave
- Generous holidays and the option to purchase extra days
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- An opportunity to take part in a secondment at Deloitte in Sydney, Australia
- Further exciting secondment opportunities, both in the UK and across our international network
- ASE Advantage shopping discount scheme
- Bike scheme
How to apply
To register your interest in this position and apply for the role please click here
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.