An ASE career means you can become a specialist,
whilst being valued as an individual and developed as a professional
Salary Range: Depending on skills & experience
Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
Purpose of Department
Design and Development is responsible for taking the needs of the business and it’s customers and translating that into the design, development, and testing of new solutions. This whilst also enhancing or consolidating current solutions.
Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for database aspects of application and report development, including supporting tools. It also involves database management, optimisation, availability management, disaster recovery, ad-hoc queries and manipulation, and database design.
We need you to:
- Share information effectively with other technical staff and project teams.
- Understand and analyze requirements, seeking clarification as necessary.
- Communicate problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Identify and consult subject matter experts as required.
- Seek appropriate guidance when making architectural decisions.
- Help maintain a culture of learning and creativity.
- Create clear documentation, guides and commented code.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions.
- Maintain current knowledge in areas of database development, documentation, security, and hardware.
- Accurately estimate and measure tasks.
- Carry out database development, according to specification, and in line with development/coding standards.
- Carry out testing and assist the QA team in testing.
- Carry out database maintenance in response to testing feedback and ad-hoc business requests.
- To efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system.
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- Work appropriately, according to defined processes and procedures
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement in applications development.
- Set appropriate deadlines, and strive to achieve them.
You must have:
- Database development/administration experience gained in a commercial environment:
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL, replication, disaster recovery, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI.
- Understanding of indexing, performance tuning and query optimization.
- Database security.
- Database design and architecture.
- Keen to learn new skills and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proactive approach to problem management.
- Team player.
- An awareness of database development best practice and standards.
- Source control experience in DVCS such as GIT or Mercurial.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
You might also have:
- Azure SQL.
- NoSQL databases.
- Requirements capture and documentation.
- Accountancy principles and practices.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with handling large data volumes.
- Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Hadoop.
It is a requirement of this role to conform with ASE’s ISO27001 ISMS (Information Security Management System) and ASE’s GDPR (data protection) policy. Details of these policies can be found on the intranet and they are also available from the People and Development team.
Is this you?
To register your interest in this position please submit your details below.
Alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV or call +44 (0) 161 493 1930.
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.