Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
You’ll be working with other developers, business analysts and testers to meet the needs of internal and external clients. You’ll be working on both brown and greenfield applications and turning requirements into solutions. As a senior, you’ll be bringing and sharing your knowledge with junior members of the team and help to enhance the department’s processes.
You’ll be able to research and become a key contributor to the technical roadmap.
Facts and Figures
We build, deploy and host solutions for a variety of clients around the world from our Head Office in Manchester. We work as part of the larger team delivering a portfolio of solutions generating circa £15m annual revenue.
- Producing clean, efficient code based on requirements / specifications.
- You will work closely with your development peers, whether in-house or off-shore aiming to complete sprint objectives.
- You will work closely with other departments within the business to help support requirement gathering and post deployment issues.
- Share your knowledge to drive performance and quality, mentoring those less experienced.
- You will use your experience to help define or enhance working practises and SOPs for the team.
- You will support BAU operations, when required to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- You will contribute to product and development discussions.
- You will, when required troubleshoot application and integration issues.
- You will endeavour to meet strict deadlines, and where this is not viable, escalate accordingly.
- You will support the decision making to help deliver the best solutions to meet client needs.
- You will be deciding on the time required for changes.
- You are expected to manage your own work schedule, prioritising tasks as necessary, within the deadlines set out for each sprint.
Key Contacts and Relationships
- Developers –Working with them in a mentoring capacity, sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Database Developers – Liaising on tasks related to applications.
- Business Analysts – Working to identify technical solutions
- Testing –Working with the team to understand and fix bugs
- Service Build Technicians – Liaising on tasks to do with customer delivery for applications
- Technical Support Analysts – Liaising on service tickets, supporting BAU Operations
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Visual Studio, C#, MVC, .NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core.
- WebAPI, MicroServices.
- Angular, React, Backbone, jQuery.
- Client presentation frameworks such as Material Design or Bootstrap.
- Data retrieval and storage experience using technologies such as MS SQL, Mongo DB, Redis.
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles.
- Requirement capturing and documentation.
- Source control experience in DVCS such as GIT or Mercurial
- Message Broker services such as Rabbit MQ.
- Microsoft and Unix server environments.
- Integration technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Azure DevOps (TFS).
- Annual company reward scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexed benefits, including cash plan, cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance and Critical Illness cover
- Holidays – 20 days per annum (plus 3 at Christmas & statutory bank holidays) (rising to 22 in 2020)
- Regular social activities
- Ability to purchase additional holiday above the standard entitlement
- Preferential discount shopping scheme
- Long service recognition, with extra holiday and vouchers
- Refer a friend recruitment scheme
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Monthly payroll raffle
o Inter-personal skills to lead the client and colleagues to best practices
It is a requirement of this role to conform with ASE’s ISO27001 ISMS (Information Security Management System) and ASE’s GDPR (data protection) policy. Details of these policies can be found on the intranet and they are also available from the People and Development team.
To apply for this this role please click here
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.