Personal Assistant / Internal Communications Assistant | Manchester
ASE Driving Profitability
Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
Purpose of the Role
The role is primarily to provide administrative support to executive leaders within the business and to act as the internal communications co-ordinator for all internal activities.
To provide an excellent level of service and administrative support ensuring consideration and assistance in all areas of admin duties from diary co-ordination to report collation and event planning whilst guaranteeing strictest confidentiality at all times.
The Communication Assistant element of the role requires close liaison with Heads of Departments, HR and Marketing to ensure they are the filter and central co-coordinator for all internal information being communicated in a consistent and timely manner.
- To support the Directors by fulfilling all of their administrative and PA needs
- Manage and co-ordinate diaries to arrange and organise internal and external meetings on behalf of your director
- Book and arranging travel, accommodation, small off site events and booking the facilities surrounding this such as rooms, refreshments, information packs etc.
- Co-ordinate content and assemble high quality reporting, documents and presentations based on your directors requirements
- Ensure Director(s) equipped with relevant information packs prior to key meetings
- Co-ordinate with key stakeholders on a variety of internal communication platforms as required
- Manage the various communication tools in use within ASE and coordinate how messages to the business are collated, distributed, maintained and archived
- The ability to produce visual presentations and provide information in suitable mediums for both internal and external business requirements
- Strong writing and literacy skills for editing news reports, press releases and in producing other forms of internal and external communications
- Responsible for keeping up to date with current trends in digital media/social media and ensuring they are utilised effectively within the business
- Supporting press releases, product launches, conferences and networking events as required (this may require on occasions working outside of normal working business hours)
- There is a degree of autonomy to this role and it will enable a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the business
- Operate with discretion and trustworthiness at all times with an ability to understand the confidential nature of your work
- The ability to respond positively to work pressures
- Self-confidence and ability to ‘sell’ ideas
- To undertake any other ‘reasonable’ duties within the scope of the job and role requirements
- The role has no direct reports
- The role does not have financial accountability
- The role does requires the job holder to use their initiative and react to change
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Previous experience working simultaneously for multiple Directors in a PA capacity
- Ability to support and maintain good relationships with all colleagues, providing a professional approach at all times
- Confident and excellent spoken manner with strong interpersonal skills at a range of operational levels
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Good project management and time management skills
- Proven experience in a customer-facing, professional services organisation ideally
- Intermediate IT skills in Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Publisher
- Very good SharePoint skills (none technical, but on Admin and user level)
- Experience of using Prezi and Photoshop (desirable)
- WebCMS Knowledge – none technical (desirable)
You might also have:
- NVQ2 or equivalent in Business Administration
- Motor Trade and Accountancy Industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications would be a distinct advantage
It is a requirement of this role to conform with ASE’s ISO27001 ISMS (Information Security Management System) and ASE’s GDPR (data protection) policy. Details of these policies can be found on the intranet and they are also available from the People and Development team.
How to apply
To register your interest and apply for this job please here
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.