Senior Application Developer | Manchester
Salary Range: £35,000pa – £50,000pa depending on skills & experience
Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
Purpose of Department
Design and Development is responsible for taking the needs of the business and its customers and translating that into the design, development, and testing of new solutions. This whilst also enhancing or consolidating current solutions.
Purpose of the Role
This role is responsible for application development, including supporting tools. The applications are primarily mobile-aware web applications. Application support will also form part of the duties as required.
Collaboration with other team members, including code review and input to technical discussions will be expected along with the production of documentation. Senior developers are expected to act as mentors to junior team members, and will be held to high expectations of technical excellence and professional conduct.
Purpose of the role:
- Develop, maintain and support internally developed applications.
- Produce appropriate documentation to support the above.
- Provide ad-hoc maintenance and support function.
- Provide technical expertise and consultancy to the business.
- Mentor more junior team members.
We need you to:
- Share information effectively with other technical staff and project teams.
- Understand and analyze requirements, seeking clarification as necessary.
- Communicate problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Identify and consult subject matter experts as required.
- Seek buy-in and appropriate guidance when making architectural decisions.
- Help maintain a culture of learning and creativity.
- Create clear documentation, guides and commented code.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture standards.
- Nurture and mentor peers and more junior team members.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge in areas of application development, applications standards, documentation, security, and hardware.
- Accurately estimate and measure development and support tasks.
- Carry out application development, according to specification, and in line with development/coding standards.
- Carry out software development in line with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carry out testing and assist the QA team in testing.
- Carry out software maintenance in response to testing feedback and bug reports.
- Conduct research and create prototype software.
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system.
- To freely share software development knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- Work appropriately, according to defined processes and procedures.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement in applications development.
- Set appropriate deadlines, and strive to achieve them.
- Extensive development experience gained in a commercial environment:
- A sound knowledge of.NET development in C#:
- Visual Studio, C#.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core.
- WebAPI, MicroServices.
- A sound knowledge of front-end web application development:
- Angular, Backbone, jQuery.
- Or a mixture of these disciplines, as a full-stack developer.
- A sound knowledge of.NET development in C#:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL and data access.
- Keen to learn new skills and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proactive approach to problem management.
- Team player.
- Strong understanding of development and web standards.
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles.
- Experience in requirements capture and documentation.
- Source control experience in DVCS such as GIT or Mercurial.
You might also have:
- Experience working with NoSQL databases and/or Redis.
- Experience in presentation frameworks such as Material Design or Bootstrap.
- Accountancy principles and practices.
- Experience with Big Data, Data Warehouse, or Data Lake.
- Experience with AI and/or Machine Learning.
- DevOps skills, experience with continuous integration, and automated release and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with handling large data volumes.
- Been active in the development community, and/or have a history of contribution to open source projects.
- Show ability to apply standard practice skills and apply these to bespoke business programs and solutions
- Worked in team environments that interact with users and understand requirements specifications
- Have shown examples of mental dexterity and the ability to solve complex problems within tight time scales and pressured environment’s
- Managed their own workload while working towards a common
- Professional and positive
- Successful customer-facing practices
- Diligent, with great attention to detail
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Excellent collaborator
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, able to work on own initiative
- Assertive, adaptable and creative
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile
Is this you?
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our team of people. Can you bring an intelligent, informed approach to what is a complex and pressurised business? Do you have a can-do attitude and be fully-flexible to meet our clients’ needs?
To register your interest in this position please submit your details below.
Alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV or call +44 (0) 161 493 1930.
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.