Service Desk Analyst | Manchester
ASE Driving Profitability – Service Desk Analyst
Salary Range: Depending on skills & experience
Here at ASE, we’re well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
Purpose of Department
Global based Service Desk working to defined SLA’s providing first point of contact to ASE customers, employees and business partners for all IT and Administrative issues. The purpose of a service desk is to ensure that users receive appropriate help in a timely manner. Service desk: not only handles incidents, problems and questions but also provides an interface for other activities such as change requests, maintenance contracts, software licenses, service-level management, configuration management, availability management, financial management and IT services continuity management
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader the role of this job would be to support the existing team, monitor and escalate all incidents according to agreed service levels using excellent communication skills to keep internal and external users informed of status and progress.
We need you to:
- Answer the phones and transfer accordingly
- Carry out general administrative duties
- Record and deal directly with user calls and queries using the ASE IT Service Desk support software.
- Develop and document composite and reporting processes and procedures along with IT related process and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Manage calls through their lifecycle and give regular progress reports to the end user.
- Use the ASE IT Service Desk to provide daily information to produce weekly and monthly reports
- Extensively use the Service Desk support software and email communication to monitor and improve team performance for optimal client satisfaction and team development.
- Liaise with suppliers, internal and external customers in a professional manner and according to relevant support agreements
- Act as the interface for third party support contracts using clearly defined process procedures outlined in the Service delivery application handover documentation
- Support and maintain good relationships with other colleagues
- Work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the department and the business
- Support franchise critical systems with proactive monitoring alerts to ensure that service delivery performance degradation are picked up before the customer becomes aware.
- Enter common faults in the Knowledge Base
- Regional point of contact for the ASE service shadow cluster managers ensuring all escalations and SLA metrics are met, using e-mail, web and telephone to update other service desks.
- Publish basic operational guides.
- Assist in head office IT software and hardware audits to compile and maintain a complete asset register.
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Solve PC support hardware and software calls remotely
- Provide initial assessment of all incidents and adhere to SLA’s and ITIL methodology
- Liaise with team members of both the IT operations and IT systems development departments using the IT Information system Support model.
- Manage calls through their lifecycle and give progress reports to the end user.
- Liaise with team members of the Processing Team, Account Management Team, IT Operations and IT Systems Development to clear service desk tasks.
- To give assistance with project service delivery implementation and system handover support for composite and franchise support.
- Assist key users in each department to diagnose and fix equipment faults.
- Provide operational users with basic instructions on how to resolve printer and desktop issues.
- Dynamic personality with a flexible working approach, both to work content and hours of working.
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding portfolio of activities
- Whilst working to team goal, you will have the ability to work alone and prioritise workload effectively
- Team worker, outgoing with a good sense of humour.
- Ability to promote the image of the Service Desk within the organisation through enthusiasm commitment and a desire to solve issues in a quick and timely manner.
- To be logical and systematic in the diagnosis in the problem management environment of the Service Desk looking for trends and root cause analysis
- The ability to support and maintain good relationships with all colleagues, providing a professional approach at all times
- An excellent spoken manner with strong interpersonal skills at a range of operational levels
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a directive accurately
- Intermediate IT skills in Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of a technical customer service/helpdesk environment and proven analytical ability in troubleshooting in a technical support environment.
You might also have:
- NVQ2 or equivalent in Customer Service
- Previous experience in a Service Desk Environment
- Motor Trade and Accountancy Industry experience
- Experience using remote desktop support i.e. TeamViewer etc.
- Desirable Level of education would be IT 2:1 in computer science or equivalent IT degree.
- Desirable Certified Microsoft I.T qualifications (most beneficial).
- VBA experience
- To possess a basic knowledge of our products such as Metis, Projector and Pandora
It is a requirement of this role to conform with ASE’s ISO27001 ISMS (Information Security Management System) and ASE’s GDPR (data protection) policy. Details of these policies can be found on the intranet and they are also available from the People and Development team.
To register your interest in this position please submit your details below.
Alternatively please contact email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.