An ASE career means you can become a specialist,
whilst being valued as an individual and developed as a professional
Service Build Technician
ASE is looking for a Service Build Technician.
Salary Range: Competitive
The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration and deployment of Business Management applications to meet/exceed the expectations of the client.
Recognised as global leaders in the automotive industry for over 40 years, ASE work with thousands of motor dealers, all of the major manufacturers and finance houses around the world to improve dealer, dealer group and dealer network profitability.
Based on this unique experience we give practical advice to improve dealer performance, provide motor trade tax and audit services and, using innovative technology, supply market intelligence from the thousands of dealer transactions we analyse to support decision making and drive profitability.
Our motor industry specialists include accountants, consultants and analysts and by channelling their expertise, ASE provide practical solutions to mitigate risk, increase opportunity and raise profits.
Whatever the specific needs of a dealership, dealer group, dealer network or automotive client, ASE’s team of 200 motor industry experts can drive profitability.
Service Build Technician Job Duties:
- Engage in advance preparation, to identify clients’ needs through written and verbal consultation
- Coordinate data analysis needs for implementation and report specifications and recommend appropriate system configuration
- Recommend business processes improvement and identifies business rules as appropriate to support those processes
- Ensure thorough documentation of product and process inconsistencies/ issues/software concerns for follow-up and/or resolution by programming staff
- Participate in ensuring the project is on schedule and on budget
- Actively participate in required team meetings and provide feedback and updates to the team
- Actively participate in ensuring the project is on schedule and on budget and stays within scope
- Identify & document potential risks and issues and in conjunction with the project team determine mitigation strategies
- Participate in the on-going quality improvement efforts for implementation tools and processes
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all business functionality
- Clearly communicate internally and externally to ensure business requirements line up with project scope
- Deliver analysis documentation by identifying requirements and meeting with client
- Ensure all technical design specifications meet business requirements
- Assist QA with test cases and scenarios and reviewing test results to ensure they meet requirements as needed
- Lead the Client in Test preparation and execution
- System changes, translating business objectives into business requirements, performing analysis such as screen and functional design, business processes, and the end-to-end mapping of data processing flows for both inbound and outbound data feeds.
- Serve as a lead between the business and technical teams to ensure technical understanding of the appropriate business requirements
- Provide insight to alternative means of meeting business needs
- Thoroughly document product and process inconsistencies/issues/ software concerns for follow-up and/or resolution by ASEs development team.
- A willingness to learn new technologies
- Good understanding of the Windows platforms across all versions to help with franchise support (service desk 3rdline support)
- General MS Office Knowledge
- Knowledge in EXCEL, for the production and maintenance purposes.
- Proficient knowledge in Excel VBA, both for maintenance of exiting code and development of new code
- General understanding of the SQL Server platform and relational databases
- Active listening
- Management of Financial Resources
- Resource Management
- Time Management
- 2 + years implementation experience with a software vendor or a third party consulting
- Use of stored procedures and functions within SQL and EXCEL to interact with standard reports and Website products
- Experience of writing well-structured T-SQL
- General understanding of Accountancy principles
- Using Word for producing concise and clearly written documents for both internal use, and distribution to external customers
- Show ability to apply standard practice skills and apply these to bespoke business programs and solutions
- Worked in team environments that interact with users and understand requirements specifications
- Have shown examples of mental dexterity and the ability to solve complex problems within tight time scales and pressured environment’s
- Managed their own workload while working towards a common
- Professional and positive
- Successful customer-facing practices
- Diligent, with great attention to detail
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Excellent collaborator
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, able to work on own initiative
- Assertive, adaptable and creative
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile
Is this you?
To register your interest in this position please submit your details below.
Alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV or call +44 (0) 161 493 1930.
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.