ASE Driving Profitability – Audit Workflow Manager
Competitive salary & benefits
Who we are
Here at ASE, we are well placed to help automotive businesses thrive in a challenging economy. We’ve got there by focusing 100% on the motor industry, developing tools and skills for 40 years that make us a trusted partner in 50 countries for dealer networks, individual businesses and the major manufacturers.
ASE offer bespoke reporting software and dedicated audit teams. We are a trusted partner in the drive for greater profitability, compliance and dealership success on a local and global scale.
The role is designed to support the portfolio Audit Managers and Audit Directors to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the statutory audit & assurance assignments to the client base, whilst promoting a training culture to further develop the abilities of the Audit Senior and Audit Associates team by providing office based support.
Additional ad-hoc responsibilities will be driven by project delivery, for example, on network studies, co-ordination of deliverables on large group audit assignments and ensuring consistency of delivery across individual teams within the Professional Services department.
In summary, you will:
- Ensure consistency of delivery of financial statements
- Develop and deliver a ASE house style on all client facing deliverables
- Support field based Managers/Directors to ensure progress on assignments is maintained to agreed delivery schedule.
- Provide support on network studies to ensure a high quality (and consistency) of delivery
- Champion the content of the quarterly department meetings
- “On-the-job” training delivery and technical support to the newly promoted Audit Senior team
- Sharing of best practice knowledge of software and technical resources
- Facilitate the department wide role out of standard working practices.
- Deliver (or assist delivery) on technical subjects to promote internal team development
- Participate in the annual progression training program (and graduate induction)
- Develop tools to enable the audit team to work effectively and consistently across assignments.
- Perform second manager reviews on client deliverables (Statutory Accounts, Assurance Reports) to ensure accuracy and quality and to ensure independence is maintained on audit assignments.
- Lead assignment delivery on office based accounts production engagements.
Key responsibilities will include:
What we expect
- Qualified ACCA / ACA or similar.
- Current CPD compliance.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- External Audit experience.
- Extensive exposure to the preparation of statutory format accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of UK GAAP including FRS102, consolidated financial statements, LLP SORP etc.
- Excellent communication skills – used to communicating with people using a variety of methods to a nationwide client base.
- Knowledge of the Motor Trade industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of preparing accounts from primary records and fundamentals of Corporate Taxation.
- Understanding of pensions accounts and audits would be desirable.
The benefits of working at ASE
ASE provides on-going industry training, fantastic working benefits and generous salaries. Continuous professional development is actively encouraged! To support your personal success, ASE will celebrate your achievements and give clear career progression. They will offer you:
- A fully expensed company car (Band B)
- The ASE Academy – individually tailored in-house training
- A clear career progression structure
- Interesting secondment opportunities into other business areas to nurture overall knowledge
- Generous holidays and the option to purchase extra days
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Exciting secondment opportunities, both in the UK and across our international network
- ASE Advantage shopping discount scheme
- Bike scheme
Is this you?
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to join our team of people. Can you bring an intelligent, informed approach to what is a complex and pressurised business? Do you have a can-do attitude and be fully-flexible to meet our clients’ needs?
If so, we want to hear from you.
How to apply
To register your interest in this position and apply for the role please click here
ASE Recruitment Agency Policy
ASE has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and with local partners, we do not accept speculative CV’s from recruiters.
On the occasion were we do use agencies, this is in line with our PSL and a have a formal agreement in place.
Agency recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate information to any ASE employee until and unless a contract for recruiting services has been entered into with the People and Development Department.
All agency recruiter contracts that are entered into, and will commence and terminate based upon the terms defined in the contract.
You agree that ASE will not be liable for any fees for any unsolicited candidate that is submitted without first entering into a written contract with the ASE P&D Department. You further agree that submitting such unsolicited information is done at your own risk and that ASE reserve the right to contact these candidates directly and will be deemed to have waived any claim for compensation.